3rd STEP COUNSELING - home page
3rd Step Counseling is the private counseling practice of Christopher James Daniel, LPC. He and his team are dedicated to bringing freedom, wholeness, and healing to people's lives through the use of the 3rd Step of the 12 Steps of Recovery as well as through cognitive behavioral therapy, solution focus therapy, family systems therapy, reality therapy, exchange life ministry, inner-healing ministry, and theophostic prayer ministry. Mr. Daniel's blend of all these techniques and prayer ministry has resulted in permanent life changing transformations for thousands of adults, adolescents, children and their families.
3rd Step Counseling is also the "self-help"/"HP-help" publishing/media company that produces the products (books, videos, CD's, workshops) created and designed by Mr. Daniel to bring wholeness and healing for those beyond his "personal" reach and touch!
- Decemeber 6, 2018, resigned from La Hacienda Treatment Center in Hunt, Texas where I was a collegiate
casemanager for male patients age 18-24. I will be "refiring" and focusing more on writing, private practice,
and become more involved with family business.
- December 29th, 2017, released new podcast on youtube "3rdstepguy" channel called "Sobriety vs. Recovery".
Check it out to learn the differences between the two as well as discover the path to freedom from chemical
addiction @ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rom-wfwyzEE .
- March 10th & 11th, 2017 new recovery podcast video series is beginning to be released on youtube.com.
Great shout out to Andrea and Michelle who helped set me up to do this. Check out my youtube.com
channel @ 3rdstepguy. See our "daily bread" podcasts and others to help people with addiction get
into and maintain recovery.
- February 4, 2017, got to speak to teens at Mason, Tx "lock-in"; great time and want to give a "shout out" to Dave
Benefield a pastor in the community who hosted it - did a great job.
- After being dormant for 6 months, site is back up and now is in production of self-help videos as well as
having "The Little Book" translated into Spanish as of Sept 2016.
- January 27, 2014, Christopher J. Daniel spoke as a guest lecturer at the Mental Health Day to the Jr. Class of The Schreiner
University School of Nursing. He shared his thoughts about the dynamics of addiction and of recovery; additionally
thoughts were shared about healing that is available for physical conditions thru spiritual means!
- June 13, 2013, our site had a new traffic "unique visitors" daily high of 640 visitors view this website. Thank you for your interest
and your support.
- February 28, 2013, Christopher J. Daniel spoke at the regional meeting for Celebrate Recovery in Kerrville, Tx. Everyone
admitted to gaining "new understanding" of the dynamics of addiction & recovery afterwards.
- New traffic highs at our website: January 30, 2013 we had 519 page views for the day; February 15, 2013 we had 484 unique
visitors to our website. Thank you to all of our followers and friends for helping us getting the word out about real solutions
for those struggling with chemical addiction and other mental health issues. Blessings to you all!
- February 11, 2013, Christopher J. Daniel was 1 of the guest lecturers to the Schreiner University Nursing School, in which
he shared his thoughts about chemical addiction, including the importance of a "spiritual awakening" as the foundation
for Recovery. He also demonstrated how to access "spiritual power" in which 2/3rds of the science-minded students
acknowledged they felt after the demonstration.
- January 6, 2013, have highest daily number of visitors to this website of 380 visitors and 441 pages viewed. Thank you to
all of our followers and friends! Let's get our friends and relatives sober this year. This is what this website and our
materials are all for. But need your help to get the word out to those ensnared by the trap of addiction!
- January 4, 2013, TBN showed the first showing of interview with Christopher J. Daniel about "The Little Book -
Alcoholism, Drug Addiction, & Recovery Made Simple!" on their Houston TBN SHOW!
- December, 24, 2012, launched new "WHY QUIT USING?" section of 3rd Step Counseling website to help people challenge
old obsessive thoughts of using as well as reinforce reasons for quitting!
- December 3, 2012, a university nursing program ordered "The Little Book - Alcoholism, Drug Addiction & Recovery Made
Simple!" to be a part of their mental health curriculum!
- December 2012, 2nd printing run occurred for "The Little Book - Alcoholism, Drug Addiction & Recovery Made Simple!"
- November 27, 2012 saw "The Little Book" and its author make it to the TBN Show in Houston, Tx. Thank you TBN
for the great time of fellowship and helping to increase awareness about "The Little Book".
- November 1, 2012, saw 7 copies of "The Little Book - Alcoholism, Drug Addiction & Recovery Made
Simple!" placed in the hands of the local and regional managers of the TBN stations in Texas. Enjoyed meeting
these people who were very interested in "The Little Book" . With their help, "The Little Book" could
blast off into the Heavens literally! Thank you, Sandy and D. for carrying "The Little Book" into your organization!
- 3rd Step Counseling thanks La Hacienda Treatment Center which just ordered 100 copies of "The Little Book" for
their Store as of September 27, 2012. God bless you & your good work!
- The Little Book is now available at the bookstore at La Hacienda Treatment Center in Hunt, Tx. Also, want to
thank Kristen Black for her great review of The Little Book in the La Hacienda Blog!
- Christopher will be a guest on local radio in Kerrville, Tx. on Tuesday, September 4th, 2012, to talk about
"The Little Book - Alcoholism, Drug Addiction & Recovery Made Simple!" on "Ranch Radio" in the AM.
- "The Little Book" is now down under on the continent of Australia as well as now in the state of Maryland
as of September 2012.
- book signing at Hastings Book Store in Kerrville, TX on Saturday June 9th, 2012, from 2:00pm - 4:00pm.
- the launching of printed hard copy version of "The Little Book - Alcoholism, Drug Addiction & Recovery
Made Simple!", occurs on 05-31-12 and is available on our Store page.
- the launching of Kindle ebook version of "The Little Book - Alcoholism, Drug Addiction & Recovery
Made Simple!", occurred on 05-29-12 and is available at the Amazon.com
- the launching of Christopher James Daniel's book, "The Little Book - Alcoholism, Drug Addiction &
Recovery Made Simple!", as a Digital Editions ebook on 04-20-12.
Future Product Development:
- self-help videos on website.
- CD's and worksheets for mind-renewal.
Site is still under construction so may be a little messy # , jlo %68 3.>/? but will get it cleaned up soon!